Today, many people are in debt because of financial mismanagement. It is a must to check our account balance regularly to avoid such situation in life. It enables us to create a budget that aligns with our financial goals and also empowers us to make good decisions to avoid overspending. Sometimes, we all experience accidental overdrafts, where we spend more money than we actually have in our accounts. Then, overdrafts lead to additional penalty payments and other financial complications. It also helps you identify any suspicious or unauthorised transactions at the soonest. It also makes it easy to cover upcoming bills and payments. In short, knowing our account balance gives us a clearer picture of our overall financial health.
But, how do we check our account balance? There are many ways we can check our account balance depending on our convenience. Let’s take one of the banks in India and check all the ways possible. If you have an account in Bank of India, here are the option you can avail of.
Checking account balance through the Bank of India balance check number
This is one of the easiest option to check account balance. All you need to do is dial the Bank of India balance check number 09015135135. Dial this number from your mobile number. If they ask to choose a language, you can do it by pressing a certain number. The IVR instruction will guide you through out the process. However, to get access to this option, you need to register you mobile number with bank of India. The steps are provided below:
- For offline registration, go to any nearby bank branch during its working hours.
- Ask the bank staff for a mobile registration form.
- Fill out all the fields with the required personal and banking details such as your name, address, account number and the mobile number you intend to register.
- Sign the form with the signature you used at the time of account opening and submit it after proper cross-checking.
- Then, the bank will process your application and your mobile number will be registered.
To register online, follow these steps:
- Go to the official page of Bank of India and log in to your account using your credentials that is your user Id and password that you created. Do not disclose your credential to anyone.
- Next, go to your profile section and choose to update your contact information.
- Add you mobile number and click update. The bank will soon send an OTP on your number.
- Enter the OTP and your mobile number will be updated shortly after a while.
Checking account balance through Missed call banking service
For this option, you have to give a missed call to Bank of India balance check number. Wait till the call gets disconnected automatically after a few rings, typically after two rings in most of the cases. Then, you will get an SMS on your phone containing all the details of your account including the balance and the last few transactions.
Balance check number of some other major banks
PNB balance check number: 18001802223, 01202303090
CBI balance check number: 9555244442
IOB balance check number: 18004254445
UBI balance check number: 18003450345, 09223008586
Axis bank balance check number: 18004196969
BOB balance check number: 09223011311
Allahabad Bank balance check number: 09224150150
IDBI bank balance check number: 18008431122
ICICI Bank balance check number: 02230256767
Canara bank balance check number: 09015483483
Indian bank balance check number: 09289592895
UCO Bank balance check number: 09278792787
SBI balance check number: 09223766666
Federal bank balance check number: 8431900900
Checking account balance through SMS banking service
To check your Bank of India account balance, follow the steps given below:
- Write an SMS in the format “BAL 1111” and send it to 919810558585. The bank will send you the details of your account including the last few transactions and account balance to your registered mobile number. If your mobile number is not registered yet, you can refer to the steps given above.
- If you have more than one account with the bank of India, you need to write ‘BAL(space)your SMS password(space)Account Number and send it to 919810558585.
Checking account balance through UPI apps
This option is the most recent and commonly used one. Nowadays, almost everyone used UPI apps, be it for transportation, be it a small mobile vendor or a big shop, every payment is done through this mode of payment. You can also easily check your account balance through this channel.
- If you haven’t installed any UPI app, you can download it from the app store on your mobile phone and install it. This will not take much time.
- Link your bank account with the app. You can link more than one account. Ignore if already done.
- Scroll down and you will find an option, ‘check balance’ just below the ‘transaction history’.
- Tap on it and you will see your account balance. And if you have more than one account linked to your UPI app, you will have to first choose the account for which you want to check.
Checking account balance through Internet banking service
Bank of India provides its savings account holders with the convenience of checking their account balance and accessing various banking services through the net banking facility, eliminating the need to visit a physical bank branch. When opening an account with the bank, customers can choose to register for net banking services. Once the net banking registration is successfully completed, account holders can easily check their Indian Bank account balance using the following steps:
- Navigate to the official website of bank of India.
- Then, log in to your account using you login credentials that is user id and password which you created while registering for net banking services.
- After you log in, you will be directed to the home page of Bank of India Net Banking. Here, they will find a comprehensive overview of their account, allowing them to perform an Bank of India Balance Check quickly and efficiently.
This option consumes a little more time than the options above as it requires visiting the ATM. Adhere to the following steps:
- Approach the nearby ATM and insert their Indian Bank Debit/ATM card.
- Input the 4-digit Indian Bank ATM PIN.
- Select the “Balance Enquiry” option from the available menu on the ATM screen.
- The ATM will promptly exhibit the account balance of Indian Bank and also furnish a printed slip with the information.