Male infertility is a health condition that lowers the chances of getting the female partner pregnant with unprotected sex. About 13 out of 100 couples suffer from infertility in India, according to a research report given by the National Institute of Health. There are a number of causes of infertility in men, such as low sperm count, poor sperm motility, chronic illnesses, and poor lifestyle. There are a few male infertility treatment options to help couples conceive naturally.
Symptoms of male infertility
Male infertility is the reason behind 40% to 50% of all infertility cases in couples. It shows obvious symptoms and is easy to diagnose and treat. Some symptoms of male infertility are as follows,
- The person will find it hard to achieve and maintain an erection.
- They will have low growth of hair in the face and body.
- They will have problems with ejaculation
- There will be visible signs of pain, lumps, and swelling in the testicles.
- Repeated infections in the male reproductive system
- Some men will also have abnormal breast growth
- Recurrent respiratory infections.
Male infertility treatment starts with diagnosing these symptoms and focuses on rendering appropriate care to help couples conceive.
Male infertility treatment:
There are some treatment options for those who wish to know how to overcome infertility in males. The treatment options depend on the signs and symptoms of infertility, along with its causes. The doctor will also consider the overall age, health, and findings of the diagnostic tests before planning male infertility treatment. Common treatment options for male infertility are as follows.
Infections are a serious cause of male infertility. To treat such infections, doctors will prescribe some medicines to address the root cause of the problem. Doctors will also prescribe medicines for those who suffer from erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. For infertility secondary to hormonal problems, doctors will prescribe appropriate medicines.
Infertility specialists will sometimes prescribe surgery as an effective male infertility treatment option. They will try to correct structural abnormalities of the male reproductive system using surgical interventions. If varicocele is the cause of male infertility, the doctor will attempt to treat it through surgery.
- Assisted reproductive techniques:
For those thinking about how to overcome infertility in males and achieve pregnancy at the earliest, assisted reproductive techniques are a boon. Starting from IVF to TESA and ICSI, there are a host of ART procedures that help couples conceive.
Is there anything I can do to improve my fertility and sperm rate?
Yes, you can improve your sperm count and quality by maintaining a regular body weight, eating healthy food, and following a regular exercise schedule. It is also important to quit smoking and alcohol and to balance one’s stress levels.
ART techniques to overcome infertility in males:
In couples, the majority of infertility cases are male infertility. Low sperm count is a result of genetic, medical, environmental and lifestyle factors. Assisted reproductive techniques are the best ways to handle infertility in males. Some of the male infertility treatments are as follows.
- TESA: Testicular sperm aspiration is a minimally invasive technique that helps to retrieve sperm from the testis using a syringe.
- PESA: Percutaneous epididymal sperm aspiration is a technique that retrieves sperm from the epididymis. Doctors will collect the sperm with the help of a gentle suction.
- Testicular tissue biopsy: This sperm retrieval technique focuses on the extraction of sperm from the testicular tissue. Doctors will retrieve the testicular tissue through biopsy.
- Electro-ejaculation: Through this procedure, doctors will collect semen from patients with ejaculatory disorders for fertility investigations and treatments.
Fertility problems in couples are medically and emotionally challenging. The focus of male infertility treatment is to offer supportive and personalized care for couples, trying to conceive. There are some of the best infertility centers in India, with experts and advanced technology to offer world-class fertility treatment for men and women.